Address to the Membership at the AMHE: Message of CEC President
Welcome everybody. I am pleased to represent the Association of the Haitian Physicians Abroad (AMHE). A little over 43 years ago, this organization was formed by a group of dedicated Haitian physicians in New-York City eager to express their desire to promote Health in the Haitian Community at home and abroad.
It is with great excitement that I welcome your membership in the Association. I am inviting you to stay connected by engaging yourself in all activities we sponsor. Your position as a Haitian physician or a physician of Haitian descent, as any other Health associates or professionals, podiatrists, dentists, residents, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, chiropractors, medical students, technicians make you a great addition to our membership and enhance the professional network. I look forward to meeting you at our next event.
As the current president of the Central Executive Committee of the AMHE, I take pride in reaching out to all in the Haitian community by asking you to join in our efforts to recruit and make AMHE a vibrant health professional association.
Your participation will enhance our professional membership. Each member will benefit from opportunities to:
- Participate in Annual Meetings, General Assemblies and Galas provided by different Chapters of the associations and earn CME’s and CEU’s credits.
- Participate in Annual Convention and Earn CME’s and CEU’s credits.
- Receive weekly the AMHE Newsletter and learn about different activities.
- Provide unlimited access to the AMHE Facebook pages and Twitter feeds.
- Provide unlimited access to our AMHE E-Journal: E-JAMHE to review articles.
- Access The Journal Info Surgery: Revue de Chirurgie et Anesthesiologie / Revue of Surgery and Anesthesiology.
- Participate in multiple Medical Missions in Haiti and Abroad with Haitians and /or Foreign Physicians and other Healthcare Providers..
- Participate in Health Fair in the communities at Home and Abroad.
- Participate in didactic and practical sessions to help medical students and Residents to succeed in different tests.
- Allow Residents and Students in Medicine to rotate in different Hospitals at Home and Abroad.
- Help shape the AMHE Policies.
- Access our online AMHE Library.
- Network with other Physicians and Medical Groups in Haiti and Abroad through participation in:
- Visiting Professor Programs at the State University Medical School, at Notre-Dame and Quisqueya Schools of Health Sciences and at Justinien University Hospital
- Disaster relief Missions during times of major disasters
- Relief missions providing clinical and academic support to the State University General Hospital of Port-au-Prince
- Clinical Rotations for Haitian residents or young physicians in Medical Centers in the US
- Activities with the Association des Medecins Haitiens (AMH)
Maxime J- M Coles, M.D., F.I.C.S., F.R.C.S., F.A.A.N.O.S.
President, Central Executive Committee